Ukrainian Refugee Response
On February 24, Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine in the eastern territory of Donbas. Life has been turned upside down for the 44 million Ukrainians in the days that have passed. With a constant threat of gunfire, explosions, and missiles, Ukrainians are fleeing the place they call home. Over a million people have already left, and millions more will be displaced by this war.
Foursquare Disaster Relief is working closely with its European Foursquare churches and FMI workers to respond swiftly to Russia's was against Ukraine by providing food and life-saving essentials.
Want to get involved and help spread the word about our response?
Download the action kit below for prayer points, donation information, and content to share on social media.
What’s happening in Ukraine?
- Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special military operation” in eastern Ukraine on February 24th. Immediately, missile strikes occurred in dozens of cities around Ukraine.
- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy ordered a total mobilization of the Ukrainian military in response.
- Major Ukrainian cities such as Kharkiv, Kyiv, and Mariupol have been the target of heavy Russian bombardment and siege for the past two months. Neighborhoods have become battle grounds as Ukraine has fought back in these areas to keep or take back control.
- Almost 2,500 civilians have been killed since the start of the war, and over 2,900 have been injured. 11 million people have been forced to leave their homes to other areas in Ukraine and neighboring countries, such as Poland, Romania, and Hungary.
- Russia has continued to target the railway infrastructure throughout central and western Ukraine, causing massive delays and blocking transportation.
- On April 19th, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov claimed another phase had begun of the invasion.
How is Foursquare Disaster Relief helping in Ukraine?
- We’re supporting our FMI workers and European Foursquare churches responding to be prepared for the influx of refugees.
- FMI workers and Foursquare churches in Poland, Slovakia, Romania, and Croatia are already helping thousands of refugees.
- Foursquare Disaster Relief is buying food, life-saving essentials, and providing emergency housing to assist countries in welcoming Ukrainian refugees.
Hear how your donations are helping and directly impacting the Ukrainian Crisis Response below
Ways to Get Involved
We believe in the power of prayer. Please pray for the safety of our Foursquare leaders, European Foursquare Churches and Ukrainian refugees, and for God's wisdom as many flee to shelter.
Volunteer to be a part of a mission team to Ukraine. There is still a great need for people willing to go as part of a response team and personally make a difference in the lives of those affected by this evolving situation.
Your donation will have a real impact on Ukrainian refugees who are fleeing to shelter and safety. Help us mobilize the church to provide food, life-saving essentials, and emergency housing.
While many watched from a distance as bombs exploded and Russian troops advanced into Ukraine, for Jeff Roper, global associate director to Europe and MENACA with Foursquare Missions International (FMI), Russia’s recent invasion of Europe’s second-largest nation has an up close and personal meaning. “These are not just faceless people,” says Jeff, who is based in northern…
While Russia’s war on Ukraine continues to rage on, Foursquare Disaster Relief team, in partnership with Foursquare Missions International, are remaining steady with relief efforts. Teams are currently on the ground helping in Poland, Germany, Croatia, Ukraine, and Romania, helping refugees continue to have their basic needs met including safety, shelter, food, and water. We…
Stay up to date with FDR
Want to stay up to date with our relief efforts? Sign up for the Foursquare Disaster Relief newsletter. We’ll never share your information and keep you informed with the latest news and opportunities.