Ukrainian Refugee Response
In February 2022, Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine in the eastern territory of Donbas. Over the last two years, 14 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced. With a constant threat of gunfire, explosions, and missiles, Ukrainians are forced to flee the place they call home.
Foursquare Disaster Relief has partnered closely with its European Foursquare churches and FMI workers to respond to Russia's war against Ukraine by providing food and life-saving essentials.
Our Foursquare people have bought food and life-saving essentials, as well as provided emergency housing, spiritual and emotional care support, job training, transportation, medical care, and so much more throughout this time.
The war is not over, and the people of Ukraine continue to need help, support, and prayer. We continue to make daily assessments of needs as this crisis unfolds.
Ways to Get Involved
We believe in the power of prayer. Intercede for the safety of our Foursquare leaders, European Foursquare Churches and Ukrainian refugees, and for God's wisdom as relief efforts continue.
Your donation will have a real impact on Ukrainian refugees who are fleeing to shelter and safety. Help us mobilize the church to provide food, life-saving essentials, and emergency housing.
What’s happening in Ukraine?
- Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special military operation” in eastern Ukraine on February 24th. Immediately, missile strikes occurred in dozens of cities around Ukraine.
- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy ordered a total mobilization of the Ukrainian military in response.
- Major Ukrainian cities such as Kharkiv, Kyiv, and Mariupol have been the target of heavy Russian bombardment and siege for the past several months. Neighborhoods have become battle grounds as Ukraine has fought back in these areas to keep or take back control.
- Over 4,800 civilians have been killed since the start of the war, and almost 5,500 have been injured. 14 million people have been forced to leave their homes to other areas in Ukraine and neighboring countries, such as Poland, Romania, and Hungary.
- Russia has continued to target the railway infrastructure throughout central and western Ukraine, causing massive delays and blocking transportation.
- On April 19th, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov claimed another phase had begun of the invasion.
- On July 4th, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy confirmed that Russia had taken control of Lysychansk. Global leaders have met in Switzerland to plan how to support Ukraine moving forward.
How is Foursquare Disaster Relief helping in Ukraine?
- FMI workers and Foursquare churches in Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Croatia, and Germany are helping thousands of refugees. Millions have been displaced by this war.
- Thousands of families have been assisted across Ukraine in other areas with housing assistance, food packs, evacuation support, medical care, and other assistance as the war has impacted their church tithe and income.
- Refugee assistance centers have been implemented to help with with job training, language lessons, childcare, and counseling.
- Providing spiritual, medical, and emotional care support.
- Helping with evacuation inside of Ukraine with a fleet of vehicles to transport people out and supplies into the country.
- Setting up bakeries to employ Ukrainians and also distribute food.
- Approximately 13,000 people a month are being fed in five locations throughout Ukraine.
- Foursquare pastors have received monthly financial assistance to help them offset their income loss and help them continue to be able to pastor as well as deliver aid and assistance in their community.
- Over 1,000 receiving Jesus as their Lord and Savior!
Hear how your donations are helping and directly impacting the Ukrainian Crisis Response below
Want to get involved and help spread the word about our response?
Download the action kit below for prayer points, donation information, and content to share on social media.
While many watched from a distance as bombs exploded and Russian troops advanced into Ukraine, for Jeff Roper, global associate director to Europe and MENACA with Foursquare Missions International (FMI), Russia’s recent invasion of Europe’s second-largest nation has an up close and personal meaning. “These are not just faceless people,” says Jeff, who is based in northern…
While Russia’s war on Ukraine continues to rage on, Foursquare Disaster Relief team, in partnership with Foursquare Missions International, are remaining steady with relief efforts. Teams are currently on the ground helping in Poland, Germany, Croatia, Ukraine, and Romania, helping refugees continue to have their basic needs met including safety, shelter, food, and water. We…
Stay up to date with FDR
Want to stay up to date with our relief efforts? Sign up for the Foursquare Disaster Relief newsletter. We’ll never share your information and keep you informed with the latest news and opportunities.